The Ten Worst Engineering Mistakes
(according to me)
- Keeping team members around who keep violating the remaining 9 pitfalls.
- Always putting short-term goals above long-term goals.
- Neglecting to recognize, understand, prioritize, and balance all relevant factors.
- Neglecting to invest the resources required to deliver the intended result.
- Neglecting to thoroughly use and test your own creations under real-world scenarios.
- Creating something that cannot be easily maintained, extended, or understood.
- Creating something that creates more problems than it solves.
- Creating something that does not behave safely, responsively, and as expected.
- Creating something that is not obvious and elegant for its intended audience to use.
- Creating something that requires a lengthy initial setup before it is ready to use.